The Tajik-Kazakh summit talks in Dushanbe signing of seven documents on cooperation.
Issues of development and expansion of friendly relations and strategic partnership between Tajikistan and Kazakhstan were discussed at the meeting of the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon with the President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Zhomart Tokayev today, May 20, in the capital’s Palace of the Nation.
The meeting was held at first in a narrow format, and then in an extended one – with the participation of delegations of the parties, the press service of the Tajik leader reports.
As a result of the negotiations, the following were signed:
– Joint statement of the two presidents;
– Agreement between the Ministries of Health of Tajikistan and Kazakhstan “On cooperation in the fight against tuberculosis”;
– Program of cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2021-2023;
– Memorandum of Understanding on cultural cooperation between Tajikistan and Kazakhstan;
– Framework memorandum between the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Industry and Infrastructure Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of cooperation in industry;
– Memorandum of Understanding between the Communications Service of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– Memorandum between the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of Tajikistan and the Ministry of Trade and Integration of Kazakhstan on cooperation in the joint implementation of a project to create a commodity distribution system.
What did the presidents talk about?
During the meeting, the presidents exchanged views on the development of relations between the two countries in the political, diplomatic, inter-parliamentary, trade, economic, scientific, technical, cultural and humanitarian spheres, as well as in the field of security.“Tajikistan appreciates the strategic partnership with fraternal Kazakhstan. We intend to continue to make the necessary efforts to develop cooperation between our countries in all areas,” Emomali Rahmon said at the meeting.
During the talks, the leaders of the two countries discussed issues of mutual struggle against the new coronavirus infection and the implementation of measures to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the economies of the countries. It was emphasized that by joint efforts it was possible to take urgent measures to protect citizens.
At the same time, it was considered necessary to continue further cooperation in the field of diagnostics, prevention and treatment of the coronavirus COVID-19.
The development of trade and economic cooperation was recognized as a priority, and it was noted that Kazakhstan ranks second in the total foreign trade turnover of Tajikistan.The trade turnover between the countries last year amounted to about $1 billion.
It was noted that Tajikistan is interested in cooperation with Kazakhstan on the digitalization of the economy, innovation and import of modern technologies, the creation of enterprises for the processing of agricultural products, the export of environmentally friendly products to Kazakhstan, the creation of joint wholesale distribution centers in Tajikistan.
In the field of transport, the need to expand cooperation in the field of railways and other areas was emphasized, including the importance of resuming flights between the capitals of the two countries.
The Presidents positively assessed the results of the 16th meeting of the Tajik-Kazakh Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation and the Investment Forum held in March 2021 in Dushanbe.
We welcomed the results of the 3rd meeting of the Joint Working Group on the mutual increase in trade turnover and an increase in the range of goods supplied between the Republic of Tajikistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as the readiness of the parties to develop a Roadmap to increase trade for 2022-2023.
The parties reached an agreement to establish joint ventures for processing raw materials to final products on the basis of industry enterprises, including in free economic zones, and also confirmed their readiness to consider the possibility of expanding bilateral cooperation in the field of engineering, industry, railway and other modes of transport, infrastructure, logistics and other areas.
In this regard, we welcomed the signing of the Framework Memorandum on cooperation in the field of industry.
Emphasizing the positive experience of cooperation in the field of agriculture, the leaders of Tajikistan and Kazakhstan called for taking the necessary steps to increase mutual supplies of agricultural products and create wholesale distribution centers in the territories of the two countries.
Source: Asia Plus