The Initiative for coal regions in transition in the Western Balkans and Ukraine invites all interested stakeholders to join its annual meeting.
Ensuring that the just transition is well managed by coal regions is of utmost importance to make it a reality. Thereby, the annual initiative meeting will convene a diverse group of stakeholders, including public authorities, international organisations, representatives from the energy industry, and civil society, fostering a candid and open discussion. It will serve as a platform for these stakeholders to engage in direct conversations about the present status, obstacles, and potential pathways for achieving just transitions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Ukraine.
The event will encompass various subjects, including:
- just transition integration into National Energy and Climate Plans
- reflections on technical assistance and investment preparation
- governance and stakeholder engagement mechanisms to facilitate the just transition
- accessing international, public, and private finance
- capacity building for navigating the just transition
Interpretation into Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, English, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Serbian, and Ukrainian will be provided.
Registration for in-person participation has now closed but the event will be live web-streamed.
Travel and accommodation expenses for participants attending in-person might be available (more information on this is in the registration form).
Source : Energy.ec